The Loubière plateau via Clipis
The del Pas cross
A view over the Sorgues valley
This path which runs on the southern hillside of one of the Loubière vales will provide you with a wonderful scenic viewpoint over the Sorgues valley and the Frontal Causses.
The Aveyron provides contrasting and diverse landscapes that will put a spell on you. During your time hiking on the Causses across these large limestone plateaux which cover an area approximately one-third the size of the entire department, you will enjoy a great variety of flora.Hike through the dry grasslands which are so typical of these landscapes and provide a rich habitat for numerous orchid species with diverse forms, colors and fragrances: Dark-red Helleborine, Lesser Butterfly-orchid, Man Orchid, Lady Orchid, Fly Orchid and many more…
- From the carpark of Lapeyre to the Croix del Pas: from the carpark head towards the village and before the bridge take left the path that runs along the river up to the old bridge. Right after the bridge, take the Bourgatte path for approximately 1km. At the junction with the logging trail turn to the left, walk above the Clipis farm and take right an ascending track towards the Croix del Pas.
- From the Croix del Pas to the Serre des Cabros: at the pass take the most left track, walk through a wooded area and then along a field. At the junction with the logging trail, take right for a few dozen metres a narrow footpath that leads to a scenic view over the Rougier and the castle of Montaigut. Walk back to the trail up to a signpost indicating Lapeyre.
- From the Serre des Cabros to Lapeyre: take the path that runs downhill through boxtrees up to the Puech Mets road. Turn to the right and follow the road until the junction with the D92. Take opposite a path that goes downhill and passes nearby a building. Reach the old track connecting Lapeyre to Sylvanès that runs along the Fon Rouge brook. Once at the D92, take opposite a path that goes downhill across woodlands allowing you to get back to the road near Lapeyre.
Avenue de Lauras, 12250 Roquefort/Soulzon
Situated in the Grands Causses Regional Natural Park, the cheese village of Roquefort stretches on the hillside over the famous scree of the Combalou Rock, in southern Larzac. The village is at an elevation of 630 m and has 700 inhabitants.
The Tourist Office is open all year round:
- In July and August, Monday to Saturday: 9.30 to 18.30, Sunday: 10.00 to 17.00.
- April, May, June, September, October; Monday to Saturday: 9.30 to 12.15 & 13.00 to 17.30, closed on Sunday.
- January, February, November, December; Monday to Friday: 9.30 to 12.15 & 13.00 to 17.00, closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here:
Where to sleep ?
This accommodation which nestles in the Sorgues valley opposite the village of Versols is only a 10 minute drive from St-Affrique, a 15 minute drive from Roquefort and a 45 minute drive from Millau or La Cavalerie. Our two bedrooms are perfect places to relax before you explore the countryside with many stimulating and interesting options.
The Bambou bedroom provides a cool and natural well-being atmosphere aimed at restoring the balance between body and mind. The Coquelicot bedroom generates an atmosphere of charm and authenticity reflecting the surrounding nature. Each bedroom is equipped with its own shower room and private toilet.
You may also like to make use of a very large living area with a kitchen, two spacious terraces and an extensive wooded garden comprising a children's area.
What to see