La Capelle de la Mole hiking circuit
Set in the heart of the pays des 7 vallons (the land of seven valleys), the village of Coupiac is overlooked by its massive castle, formerly in the ownership of the Counts and bishops of Rodez.
- From the trail network information point, walk around the castle to the right and when you are in front of the steps of the castle take the road to St Exupère for 10 m and climb the steps leading up between two houses.
- Walk across the road and carry on along a sunken path on the opposite side of the road, walk across another road on your right until you reach Cabressier on the tarmac track.
- Walk across the farm and follow the path that leads to Mazern, then head along the road for 200 m. Turn left towards Regord and keep to the path that follows the contour line.
- Before the path goes downhill turn on the hairpin bend towards St Laurent. Once you’ve reached this hamlet, turn to your left and follow the road up to la Cloutarié farm. Before the farm, turn right onto the path that leads to the farm and walk on the path to your left down to the old chapel of La Mole where you will see a Templar cross.
- At the junction, carry straight on for 20 m, take the left hand trail for 800 m then follow the edge of the field on your left that leads down towards the road. Walk to your right towards a place called la Ventadouyre.
- About 30 m after la Ventadouyre take a left hand dirt road that makes a sharp bend and carry straight on along a sunken path which goes through a wood down into the valley. Cross the bridge over the Mousse and walk back to the village
- Departure : Post Office car park
- Arrival : Post Office car park
- Towns crossed : Coupiac and Plaisance
Access and parking
A 45 minute drive from Albi or from St Affrique.
From St Sernin sur Rance, take the D33 to Coupiac (about a 20 minute drive).
Starting point: Post Office car park situated in the centre of Coupiac.
Recommended car park
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: