Les Corniches du Méjean
1. Walk along the main street towards Meyrueis. Before the fish farm, climb to the left about ten steps between the houses and continue on the path that leads to a pin of the road. Turn right on the climbing path. Arriving at the second pin, follow the road towards the climb, which continues on concrete track.
2. Arriving at Capluc, possibility to make a round-trip (30 minutes) to climb the Capluc rock. Wonderful views of le Rozier/Peyreleau and the Tarn valley. Back at the intersection, follow the path and pass the rock refuge, an old bread oven.
3. On the left, stairs indicate the direction of the path Jacques Brunet, more steep variant, with more diffuse signs, which joins the circuit after the Francbouteille pass (4). This option will delight the biggest climbers and the youngest. Otherwise continue the path and climb in laces, along the ravine of Echos. Ignore the path that goes down to the right. At the crossroads, take a left to the Francbouteille pass (altitude 765 m).
4. On the Tarn side, after a kilometre walk, reach the Teil fountain (200m to the left below). The path widens and climbs regularly. At the pass, leave on your left a descent leading to l’Ermiatege St-Pons.
5. In a pin, leave to the left the path leading to the rock of Cinglegros, and continue towards the Cassagnes pass (altitude 874m). At the first crossroads, go straight, and then turn to the second right in a southerly direction. At the bottom of a slight descent, go right, then left at the next fork. At this point, the path transforms into a track. Here begins a dazzling journey overlooking the cliffs of the Jonte.
6. Pass successively at the Balcony of Vertigo (lookout point equipped with a bodyguard), then the Pas du Loup, a narrow way leading at the foot of the Vase de Chine and the Vase de Sèvres.
7. The path joins the Echos ravine. Go down to the left towards Capluc and follow the same path as the way to reach the village.
- Departure : Le Rozier
- Arrival : Le Rozier
- Towns crossed : Le Rozier and Saint-Pierre-des-Tripiers
Access and parking
At Le Rozier, 30 minutes from Millau via the D809 then D907 towards the Gorges du Tarn.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: