Clock a time at the Mur de la Loubière (Trail running)
Be prepared to feel the shot of adrenaline in the pays des Grands Causses. With steep slopes and an abrupt starting throughout woodland, this circuit offers a real challenge for trail runners. A good management of physical effort is essential. Scrambling here is well worth the effort, with at the summit, the plateau de la Loubière displaying a landscape of juniper trees and an unobstructed panorama over the Rougiers.
- A plate indicating "Départ Chrono Mur de la Loubière" is set at the starting intersection. Follow the single track with a yellow marking and the specific arrows "Chrono Mur de la Loubière" up to the junction with the road.
- Cross the Puech-Mets road and keep going straight ahead following the marking signs "Chrono Mur de la Loubière".
- When arriving at the edge of the forest, carry straight on towards the Serre des Cabros. The plate indicating "Arrivée Chrono Mur de la Loubière" awaits your arrival at the end of this final straight.
Bring one litre of water supply – energy food supply.
Ensure you have good shoes; bear in mind that the path is rather stony and runs on steep slopes.
This course is potentially hazardous in case of bad weather conditions (heavy rainfall, storms).
An efficient warm-up is essential:
Run for twenty minutes before starting the ascending slope.
To record a good time:
- Take the direction towards Lapeyre and carry on the chemin de Lourdes towards the Pont Vieux.
- Head towards Gissac and turn on the Chemin du Bricou in the direction of Versols.
Handle the first part of the ascent up to the road by alternating walking and running according to the steepness of the slope.
Beware, the second part of the ascent, which comes after the crossing of the Puech-Mets road and goes up to the Loubière plateau, features a steep grade. If your handling of the first part was good, you could save time during this section!
How to improve your time
There is nothing like competition conditions to give you a boost and help you improve your time. The setting up of the challenge “Chrono Mur de la Loubière” could be a valuable asset to go beyond your limits, sharpen your fighting spirit and beat the time of your trail running fellows!
Recommended physical training
- Speed when running uphill, in practising uphill Maximum Aerobic Speed sessions (two sets of 10 X 30” with recovery by descending)
- Muscular strength, in doing uphill sprinting with core muscle strengthening exercises
- Maximal Aerobic Capacity when ascending (six sets of 3’ with 3’ of fast walking recovery)
Saint-Affrique Tourist Office
Boulevard Aristide Briand, 12400 Saint-Affrique
The Tourism Office is open all year round, the opening hours are:
·July and august:
From Monday to Saturday: 9h – 13h & 15h – 19h
Sunday: 9h – 13h
·From September to June:
From Tuesday to Saturday: 9h – 13h & 14h – 17h
Closed: Sundays, Mondays and bank holidays
From November to April, the office is also closed on Saturday afternoon.
Travel by bus or train: https://lio.laregion.fr/Carpooling : BlaBlaCar, Rézo Pouce, Mobicoop, Idvroom, LaRoueVerte, Roulez malin
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here:
Where to sleep ?
This accommodation which nestles in the Sorgues valley opposite the village of Versols is only a 10 minute drive from St-Affrique, a 15 minute drive from Roquefort and a 45 minute drive from Millau or La Cavalerie. Our two bedrooms are perfect places to relax before you explore the countryside with many stimulating and interesting options.
The Bambou bedroom provides a cool and natural well-being atmosphere aimed at restoring the balance between body and mind. The Coquelicot bedroom generates an atmosphere of charm and authenticity reflecting the surrounding nature. Each bedroom is equipped with its own shower room and private toilet.
You may also like to make use of a very large living area with a kitchen, two spacious terraces and an extensive wooded garden comprising a children's area.
What to see